Scala Developer at DPG Media (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-02-27 05:00:31
Amsterdam – We are looking for an experienced Scala Developer for DPG Recruitment which consists of Nationale Vacaturebank & Intermediair.
With our two well-known award winning brands in the Dutch labour market: Intermediair & Nationale Vacaturebank, we help thousands of people find the perfect job and help a multitude of companies find the perfect candidate. The size and scale of both Nationale Vacaturebank & Intermediair are substantial, averaging 2 million unique users a month.
As backend Scala engineer you will work on building the next generation marketplace platform. As part of one of the multidisciplinary teams you will be working on improving our matching strategy or you will be working on enhancing commerce management capabilities to add value to a multitude of companies. You will contribute to a modern distributed microservices system architecture, building services for high volume traffic and working with lots of data. Our software is built iteratively and based on empiricism. That’s why we expect you to be continuously searching for the most efficient way of building software to prove ideas, and know how to harden these successful outcomes into a performant architecture that is scalable.Our stack: Scala, Akka, Axon, AWS, ElasticSearch and Kubernetes.
What you’ll do
Being at the top requires forward-thinking. We are looking for Scala developers to help build and create the innovation required to remain at the top of the employment branch.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team;
- Applied knowledge of software engineering, as well as coding best practices that minimize tech and architecture debt;
- Be proactive in learning and preparation;
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate services that serve millions of users in a DevOps manner;
- Be a leader of the development community affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
- A competitive, experience-based salary;
- A one-year or permanent contract;
- 38-hour workweek;
- 12% in flexible benefits (of which 8% is holiday allowance);
- A percentage of profit shares;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses;
- 24 paid holiday days & 13 additional days (ATV);
- An excellent pension scheme;
- Fully paid functional technical training;
- The opportunity to work with the latest tech stack.
Who you are
For this role, we are really looking for someone who can translate business needs and problems into software solutions. Also, you should be interested in industry developments and good at keeping your knowledge relevant and recent.
- Several years of experience in OOP/FP (Java/Scala) to demonstrate a level of maturity;
- Experience with Akka, Axon or Event Sourcing and/or CQRS;
- Comfortable working with AWS or other cloud environments.
The extras we offer
Working for DPG Media means a lot of space for personal growth. We have our own in-house (technical) coaching, in which you can take part. There also are several ways to switch out conditions of employment, such as buying or trading vacation days or a bike with a tax advantage. When joining our company, you’ll receive a warm welcome. With an extended kickstart programme and a buddy, who will guide you and help you get settled. A fan of extracurricular activities? Sign up for our ‘Young DPG’. Prefer something active? Several different sports classes, such as Bootcamp or (kick)boxing, are also a possibility!
Want to apply directly? Click the ‘Easy apply’ button. Want to know more about this position? Contact Mark van Dommelen via [email protected] or tel:+316 83 80 00 59.
Agency? No, thank you!