Software Engineer- TDD/BDD, AWS, React, Agile at EDF (Croydon, UK)
Location: Croydon, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-02-22 05:01:14
We’re not your average Energy Company – EDF are embarking on a programme of “disruption from within”, driving an innovative engineering culture to deliver an exceptional customer experience & cutting-edge digital-first approach.
As a core part of our tech led approach we are looking for a software craftsman to work within one of our EDF Customers business product teams. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our most complex projects. We come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, create quality solutions and keep abreast of the latest trends in tech.
The role comprises of the full software delivery life-cycle from discovery through to design, build, deploy and run/optimise. You will work closely with the Product Owner, Architect(s), and Scrum Master in order to bring new functionality and technical improvements to market and you will be comfortable operating within a fast paced, flexible and iterative delivery environment.
The role will form part of the Business Change & IT function, within the Customers business unit. You will be placed within a recognised product team and be expected to deliver software features in line with business priorities as well as provide operational IT support activities for the software created. Being comfortable contributing to a team where:
- You can skilfully write high-quality, well-tested code and are comfortable with TDD/BDD
- Are comfortable with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum and/or Kanban
- You are an advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- You are resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You have solid experience in cloud technology, namely AWS
- You are a solution thinker – always looking to solve the problem in the best possible way
- You are customer centric and business focussed – placing the business outcome and customer at the heart of everything that they do
- Cloud architectures, particularly AWS
- Commercial experience with React and/or React Native UI framework
- Test Driven Development/Behaviour Driven Development
- CSS3/ HTML5 /Typescript
- Experienced in source control and CI / CD tooling technologies (e.g., Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform)
- Jest framework experience
- Automated testing knowledge and experience (e.g. Selenium / Cypress / detox)
- Serverless architectures
- Loose-coupling, queuing, and event driven architectures
- Experience of at least one server-side language (ideally, Python, Java/Kotlin, NodeJS)
- REST APIs, design and use of 3rd party APIs
Competitive Salary & Benefits
You can expect a competitive salary and benefits package. In addition to the salary you’ll benefit from a defined benefit pension scheme, flexible lifestyle benefits options and entry into the bonus scheme.Although our roles are advertised on a full-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered.