Cybersecurity Firm Seeks Senior Developer
Location: NY or LA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-01-19 05:00:18
Aon Cyber Solutions is looking for a Senior Developer in NY or LA. As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Risk.
Position Overview Join our expert software development team to create new customer-facing web applications. You will apply your expertise in web development and user interface design, working in concert with subject matter experts in digital forensics, incident response, cybersecurity, and threat intelligence. Your applications will convey deeply technical facts and analyses to a variety of consumers, from risk managers to subject matter experts to C-level executives.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and develop pioneering web applications that cross the boundaries of security assessment, digital forensics, incident response, malware analysis, cybersecurity, and cyberinsurance.
- Serve as a senior developer on multiple product teams.
- Create user interfaces, APIs, data visualizations, and reports that provide our clients with insight into complex narratives and data sets.
- Translate high-level requirements into working prototypes to generate user feedback and discussion.
- Adapt and apply cutting edge computer science to highly technical domains.
- Participate in code reviews, write test suites, profile components, and take ownership of our software, source code, tools, and processes.
- Mentor other developers.
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative culture for innovation.
- 5+ years of software engineer experience.
- Proficiency in frontend technologies (React, Node.js, Webpack). Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP and REST web services implementation.
- Test driven development and unit testing frameworks.
- Modern DevOps experience.
- Standard software engineering tools (git, Jenkins, JIRA).
- The proven ability to see things as they should be, and to realize that vision.
- Comfort with agile development and remote team environments.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication.
- Python 3 and web frameworks such as Django or Flask.
- SQL & relational database modeling.
- Experience in deployment to AWS, especially serverless technologies.
- Strong knowledge of JWT and various web security models.
- D3.js, Vega, Bokeh, Leaflet, and other browser visualization libraries. Experiment-driven design and iterative features-based development (A/B testing, etc.).
- ElasticSearch, Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, PostgreSQL, AWS Aurora.
- Java 8 and other JVM-based languages.
- Performance monitoring and optimization.
- Mobile development using Native or Cross-platform (Xamarin, Ionic, React Native).
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics, or equivalent experience.