Senior Software Engineer at Boingo Wireless (Los Angeles, CA)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2017-10-31 04:00:07
As our Research and Development Engineer you'll use current research and business insights to craft solutions that drive business success. We’re looking for an individual who is passionate about working on Wireless technologies. If you're passionate about R&D, developing prototypes and building solutions then we'd love to talk with you!.
- Working on new and upcoming Wireless technology standards and protocols
- Working on Mobile platforms and state of the art web technologies in the Wireless domain
- Working closely with Boingo teams across the company, including Engineering and Marketing.
- Collaborate to help evolve mobile and web frameworks, apps and systems.
- Build design and/or test documents to meet business objectives
What's the gist of the job?
- Willing to work on new technologies and Industry standards in and around Wireless and Networking domains.
- Work with Vice President, Engineering to architect, build, test solutions as demanded by Business needs
- Quickly master Amazon Web services technologies following the development, evaluation and deployment process.
- Lead efforts with the QA team to define release priorities and test plans and priorities; assists in testing of the related activities (planning/debugging/problem resolution) as needed
- Design, develop and test system enhancements requirements using AWS, node.js or related and then package the changes/additions for release including implementation instructions.
- Perform architecture improvements, and support activities.
Have you got the goods?
- Demonstrated 6-10 years of experience with chosen technology stack.
- Very strong developer and architecture experience (3+ years) in AWS (or related Cloud platform)
- Demonstrated expertise with UNIX/Windows and Mobile (Android/iOS) platforms.
- Development experience in node.js/Java or similar frameworks.
- Strong experience with development and testing in Windows OS, either using C, C++ or C#.
- Shown experience in development, deployment and testing of mobile apps on either Windows, Android, or iOS platforms
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with discretion and sound independent judgment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience of development projects from requirements gathering through testing and deployment.
- Bachelor’s and 8-10 years or Master's and 6-8 years of equivalent development experience.
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and 802.11 protocol stacks, including development, fixing and testing experience
- Experience in web development technologies, node.js, Apache, PHP or similar.
- You have experience and can thoroughly understand various Networking protocols (TCP/IP, OSI, 802.11a/b/g/n), Operating Systems (UNIX, Linux, Macintosh, VMWare), AAA (Radius), and Open Source Tools.
- Good overall understanding of Web based frameworks and protocols including HTTP, XML, and SOAP.
- 6+ years’ experience working on various Version Control systems like SVN, GIT, CVS, Perforce etc.
- Demonstrated experience in SSL certificates and related security protocols
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the cutting edge of technology. (You can check out some of the awards we’ve won here. #humblebrag). But there’s no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy – think summer picnics, bowling nights, in-house yoga classes, costume contests, massages and food trucks. There’s also a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and an incredible benefits package including equity, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA three years in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.