Field Service Cyber Technical Lead at Baker Hughes (Longmont, CO)
Location: Longmont, CO
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-08 05:00:40
Cyber Lead Field Service and Technical Advisor
Are you passionate about building relationships and ensuring customer success?
Do you have a passion for delivering new technology, solving problems for our customers?
Join Our Nexus Controls Team
Nexus Controls, a Baker Hughes business has been serving customers worldwide for more than a century. We leverage multiple Turbine and Compressor Controls platforms and a proven Distributed Controls System (DCS) platform, along with a complete OT Cybersecurity, Excitation, Mechanical, Instrumentation & Controls, and Global Service portfolio to meet customer needs.
Partner with the best
As a Cyber Lead Field Service and Technical Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating Cyber related New Product Introduction (NPI) & services readiness, developing and maintaining a services certification and training program, and supporting field services mobilization for First of Kind installs, Customer Issue Resolution (CIR), and Field Engineer mentoring of next generation talent.
As a Cyber Lead Field Service and Technical Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- In-laboratory validating of NPI cyber-equipment, including server & virtual machine configuration, network & firewall set-up and configuration, and cyber related software suites
- Developing & Maintaining a Certification & Qualification program based on instructional design and skill development. This includes creating certification and training content with a network of subject matter experts from engineering, services, & commercial teams.
- Participating in field services mobilization for First of a kind installation for new NPI, critical Customer Issue Resolution (CIR), and mentoring next generation Field Services personnel.
- Supporting Services global communication for product specific notifications. Updating the network of L1-L3 Cyber Field Engineer experts and serving as hub of knowledge and information reading product topics.
- Leveraging experience with industrial Cyber Security Standards as they apply to OT environments. Understanding and ability to navigate customer requirements for Cyber security standards in NIST, NERC CIP, ISO, & IEC.
- Developing and mentoring your teams' skills to strengthen performance and improve support to customers and the business
- Providing support, mentoring, supervision and guidance to Field Engineers to ensure day-to-day wellsite work activities are completed
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelors degree from an accredited university or at least 4 years equivalent knowledge or experience
- Have 4 years’ experience with cyber & industry controls background in an OT cybersecurity environment (Power Generation, O&G Pipeline, DCS applications, PLC, Industrial, etc.)
- Have field experience on a customer site and cybersecurity troubleshooting
- Be able to travel 30% of the time
- Possess application DCS knowledge, Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Aero, Compressor, controls experience
- Demonstrate effective communication, interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to influence others and coordinate team in a matrixed environment
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional remote working as required
- Flexibility within the day or week to get the job done
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
- The pay range for this role will be: LPB1
- You will be eligible to participate in the Baker Hughes Fullstream Short-term incentive program applicable for the above position. The actual payout for your short-term incentive award will be based on company and individual performance and is contingent upon Baker Hughes achieving pre-determined financial results.
- You will be eligible to participate in Company-sponsored benefit programs, including health & welfare programs and the Thrift Plan (401k). You will have a choice of coverage options that best suit your needs. Coverage options and contribution amounts are related to your benefit elections, base salary level and specific requirements of each of these plans
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!