Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) at VIOOH (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-10-06 05:00:05
Role Title: Site Reliability EngineerReports to: Head of Infrastructure and TechnologyLocation: Hybrid working environment (Remote and Paddington, London)Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
How do we say our name, well it sounds like 'view'. It's also a lot shorter than saying 'Viewed Impressions for Out Of Home'.
VIOOH is a fast-growing startup that is defining the future of out-of-home advertising.
We are a dynamic team building a global platform which automates the buying and selling of outdoor advertising, enables programmatic trading and delivers dynamic, data-driven content to screens in locations and moments to better resonate with and influence consumers.
We’ve recently redesigned our people strategy to create a future-proof, hybrid and flexible workplace approach. Employees can work in the office (Paddington, London) and from home, empowering all VIOOHers to thrive regardless of location and ensuring we can attract diverse talent to support our global expansion.
Working as part of VIOOH’s SRE team, the DevOps Engineer will help support and build VIOOH’s strategic platform. The SRE team has developed an environment based around AWS, Kubernetes and templated deployments and is actively working to evolve this into an automated, self-healing system that can match the pace of VIOOH’s growth.
The SRE team supports the application development and product teams in bringing solutions to production. In addition, the SRE team works as a third-line of support to applications and 24x7 operations teams to resolve issues in a fast and resilient manner.
What you'll be working on
- Work side by side with other engineers to shape VIOOH’s infrastructure and development strategy
- Provide best practice knowledge and support across infrastructure-specific elements of VIOOH’s stack, including AWS, Linux system administration, Kubernetes and Terraform.
- Generate efficient, quality deliverables, with clear supporting documentation to enable the 24x7 operations and application teams to provide first and second-line support
- Work closely with our off-shore, 24x7 support team to hand-over deployed service for them to run as first- and second-line of support
- Perform root-cause analysis to resolve complex technical issues that first- second-line support are not able to resolve, generating short-term/long-term fixes as required
- Identify areas for continuous improvement, through automation, documentation, process change, or working methods, in addition to business-generated requirements
- Participate in Peer Reviews of other team members and developers
What we want from you
- In depth experience working with AWS
- Strong Linux knowledge (processes, network, storage)
- Proven experience with kubernetes and docker
- Experience defining and implementing CI/CD process
- Knowledge of Python and ideally Go
- Kubernetes, KOPS
- Terraform, Helm
- CICD Tools (ideally codefresh)
- Datadog, Prometheus, EFK (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana)
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a positive experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through to your onboarding.VIOOH is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.