Test Automation Engineer (for SaaS ASSL Team) at Avaloq (Makati, Philippines)
Location: Makati, Philippines
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-16 05:00:35
As a member of the Avaloq development team, you will be part of a group of highly skilled, motivated and dynamic people that are responsible for a central part of the Avaloq Banking Suite. You will be part of the team that provides the services needed to maintain and support the customization of the Avaloq solution used by banks in the Swiss & UK markets.
As a Test Automation Engineer, you will work in close cooperation with Development, Release Management and other key stakeholders with the objective to deliver a high-quality product that meet customer needs and requirements.
- Give hands-on support to the team with the implementation of the software testing process, e.g. for dedicated testing levels and / or test types
- Define test cases and scenarios for new functionalities
- Support the team in their day to day work with test management tools
- Participate in the creation of new concepts in testing and testing strategies
- Develop and execute automated tests using Avaloq Test Master
- Understand the Avaloq Core Banking Platform and the corresponding business areas
- Test support which covers automated testing and, in some cases, manual testing
- Provide assistance to business analysts and test teams
What you need
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Must have at least 2 years of working experience on both manual and automated testing
- Has firm understanding of the testing processes and methodologies
- Proven experience in design and execution of User Acceptance testing
- Is competent in one or more high-level programming languages (knowledge of PL/SQL is a plus)
- Competent in relational databases (preferably Oracle)
- Quality-conscious attitude, self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Open-minded and a good team player
- Very good communication skills (proficient in English verbally and in writing)
- Keen Interest in banking and/or wealth management business
You will get extra points for the following:
- Experience with Orbium’s TestMaster and/or Avaloq Banking System is/are a BIG plus
- Experience in automation tools like Selenium Webdriver API and Selenium Server
- Background in other types of testing and automation (performance, stress, penetration testing, scripting, CI/CD, etc.)
- Banking knowhow is an advantage but not required
- ISTQB certification
Now lets talk about perks and compensation We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove to be a superstar, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year. Don’t be shy – apply! Please only apply online.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.