DevOps Cloud Engineer Internship / Working Student m/f/t at RWE Supply & Trading GmbH (Essen, Deutschland)
Location: Essen, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-15 05:01:00
DevOps Cloud Engineer Internship / Working Student m/f/t
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH, Essen, Germany (DE)To start as soon as possible, Full time, Fixed Term, 4–6 months
170 traders in the energy business, 290 experts on Europe’s largest energy trading floor and 1,100 additional professionals. Join RWE Supply & Trading and shape the future of the trading business to make energy clean, reliable and affordable.
Your future plansMarket Data is the fuel for decision-making, automated trading and fundamental analysis within the Energy Trading industry. As student, you will be supporting our team to develop and maintain IT solutions which will provide direct benefit to our business users.
We put our technical skills into practice within a hardworking, fun and agile team. We harmonise, store and maintain thousands of sources of commodity (e.g. coal, oil, gas), vessel and weather data from all over the world and make them accessible so we can make key trading decisions as well as enable business growth.
You can be part of various activities, e.g.:
- Helping to either onboard new Market Data from various sources (e.g. SFTP, Websites and APIs) or repair current data feeds in order to support our analysts and traders with their daily business
- Supporting the migration of our legacy applications to our centralised Market Data exchange platform based in AWS
- Identifying and implementing automation initiatives to evolve and improve our CI/CD pipelines relating to our Market Data platform
- Analysing new requirements, evaluating cloud-based options and supporting the implementation of specialised software solutions within the Market Data application suite
- Learning more about Cloud and DevOps best practices
We truly believe this is a varied and exciting role with the opportunity to get first-hand experience on our DevOps transformation within RWE Supply & Trading GmbH.
Your powerful skillsThe successful candidate will work directly with our team of application developers to create solutions which meet our organisations Market Data requirements. Therefore, we are looking for the following in our candidates:
- Intermediate object orientation development skills (e.g. Shell, C#, TypeScript, Python)
- Interest and ideally first hands-on experience with
- Amazon Web Services (e.g. Lambda, EC2, Amazon SQS, S3, etc.)
- CI/CD pipelines (Terraform, Azure DevOps Server, GitLab or similar)
- Containerisation and orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, ECS and EKS)
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken; German beneficial
- Proactive drive, hands-on mentality and willingness to share own ideas
Advantageous, but not a must
- Basic knowledge of the financial market
- Knowledge of market data, the end-to-end trading lifecycle and physical/financial products (commodity trading)
- Experience in using data visualisation tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
Benefits you can rely onYou will be working in an open and diverse agile team in one of the most interesting business contexts, a mixture of energy supply, trading and of course IT. Right from the beginning, you’ll be making a difference within the team and will be supplemented by a variety of comprehensive on-the-job learning.
good transport connection flexible working times health services cafeteria/canteen Free parking Promoting diversity
rwe.com/careerApply now with just a few clicks: ad code 44760
Any questions? Lisa Beyer (Recruiting), T: +49 152 57902517, Fabian Jockisch (specialist department), T: +49 152 57923626
We look forward to meeting you!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Xing, too.