Senior Backend Developer at ReviewPro / ReviewRank (Barcelona, Spain)
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-14 05:01:01
We are the world-leaders in Guest Intelligence solutions for the hospitality industry. Our cloud-based solutions enable 60,000+ clients to obtain a deeper understanding of reputation performance and operational/service strengths and weaknesses. We provide actionable insight to increase guest satisfaction, rankings on review sites/OTAs and ultimately, revenue.
We provide detailed insight through superior data and advanced analytics accessible through easy-to-use tools and a flexible API. Our experienced team delivers industry-leading training and education and is committed to providing a first-rate, personalized service. We are focused on empowering clients to make the changes necessary to create a guest-centric culture within their organizations.
You are a talented developer who loves solving challenging algorithmic, distributed system, and large data set problems.
How your day to day will look like:
- Work with a talented team of engineers to design, build and scale back-end services.
- Participate in architectural definitions with a high degree of innovation and creativity.
- Working directly within a multidisciplinary team to help our customers and partners.
- Design systems that process billions of reviews, time-series data, semantic mentions, surveys, and responses daily.
- Develop cognitive services that extract meaning and insights from this data that will be used by over 60,000+ hotels worldwide to gain knowledge, visibility, and insight into their guests' experience.
- Have lots of fun building great stuff and working with great people.
Our technology stack:
- Microservices based architecture running on Kubernetes.
- Java, Python, and NodeJS
- Kafka, Elasticsearch, Mongo, Cassandra, and Mysql persistence
- MapReduce and stream-based data processing
Your qualifications and background
- Ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience
- Strong knowledge of Java.
- You're not afraid of adapting, learning and working with different languages and frameworks.
- Be able to solve programming problems and understanding the impact of the solution from the point of view of algorithmic time and space complexity.
- Having a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to shared code ownership.
- You feel comfortable working in English.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- Free coffee
- Subsidized gym membership
- Brand new office located in the center of Barcelona
- International team and fantastic work environment
- Team building activities and charity donation programs
- Wellness sessions
- Discounts on Private health insurance, ticket restaurant, transport, kinder garden…
- Knowledge exchange: we attend conferences and community events as well as provide learning resources
- Nice equipment: Mac laptops, high-quality monitors (1 or 2, the choice is yours)
- Desks with adjustable height (standing desks)