Senior Software Engineer (Backend) at Income Discovery () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-14 05:00:28
Senior Software Engineer (Backend) - Fully Remote Position
Income Discovery is a rapidly growing B2B FinTech leader specializing in retirement income optimization. We're looking for an independent, innovative, and agile senior software developer to join our team.
We use GitHub, practice code reviews, and solve problems together. Our services run in the AWS cloud, their deployment is automated, and we follow the infrastructure-as-code process.
This is a critical role that we are looking to quickly fill, apply today!
What You Will Do:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Income Discovery, you will contribute to our products, improve our Advanced Income Discovery Analytics (AIDA) engine, and strengthen our operational capabilities. You will also:
- Develop and extend our analytical engine (AIDA) with new capabilities, improved performance, and distributed computation support;
- Help specify, implement, and test new features;
- Share the responsibility for deploying, monitoring, and securing our applications in AWS; and
- Assist in stepping up the architecture and refactoring to get to the next level in scalability.
- We are looking for a passionate and creative person interested in financial analytics, high-performance computing, and DevOps. You will contribute to the entire stack from user interfaces to the data layer, as needed.
- It is important that you can be productive with minimal supervision, know when to ask for help, communicate well through writing, and be comfortable with video conferences.
- AWS, Terraform, Clojure, or Go are a plus but not mandatory.
- Document or SQL database experience, Linux skills, and exposure to numerical programming would be helpful.
Perks & Benefits:
Income Discovery employees work exclusively remotely, however, you will be expected to be available and working during East Coast business hours (EST). Employees have a choice of working from home or from a professional office (leased by the Company) near your home.
In addition to a competitive base salary, all full-time employees are eligible to participate in the Company’s benefits program, offering excellent and affordable health care coverage options (medical, dental, & vision), voluntary insurances, and an FSA.
Additional perks/benefits include a 401(k) with a Company match, potential for incentive equity options, and paid time off. There is a very limited waiting period with benefits taking effect on the first of the month after your start date.