Senior Front-End Engineer at eBay Classifieds Group (London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, UK)
Location: London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-11 05:00:42
Gumtree was founded in 2000 by two friends, with the aim of building a community where people like them could find everything they needed to settle into a new city and do so quickly and affordably. What they created was a platform where people could come together to help each other out in small ways. And this is still a core part of Gumtree today. Our purpose is to make good finds happen, whether that’s finding the right buyer for your vintage collectibles or finding a local upholsterer to breathe new life into your sofa. As a company we are on a mission to make buying and selling second hand safer, simpler and more enjoyable for everyone, because we believe everything can find a new purpose (and that’s good for you and good for the planet).
In 2019 motors.co.uk joined Gumtree to grow the online car sales offering. At motors.co.uk we believe a car can help people get more out of life and it is our ambition to help everybody find the right car, confidently and with peace of mind. That’s why we are transforming motors.co.uk into the preferred destination to find a car, so people can spend less time searching and more time living.
Across our businesses we are: customer powered, we innovate with purpose and we are real people who deliver with impact.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our international team of engineers at Gumtree. We’re working remotely for the foreseeable future, but our Gumtree and Motors offices are in Richmond and Abingdon respectively. With 39 other engineers you’ll be supporting various frontend initiatives and delivering value to millions of customers.
Our team setup consists of Agile cross-functional squads directly focussed on business targets and a platform team focussed on tech-strategy.
What you can expect from us
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment with self-organised, multi-disciplinary Agile teams.
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as an engineer and as a person.
- Working with modern technologies such as NodeJS, ReactJS, Google Cloud
- Access to tools and resources to be the best at your job (MacBook Pro, IDE of your choice)
- Loads of other perks
We’re looking for
- Very experienced in developing features in ReactJS and NodeJS.
- Experience in TypeScript and Cypress are considered a big plus.
- You have a DevOps mindset (fully own the software development lifecycle covering a.o: development, unit testing, e2e testing, releasing, aftercare and incident management).
- Previous experience in modernising and migrating an outdated frontend implementation to a pre-defined modern one.
- Extensive experience with the usual JS tools/packages such as WebPack, Babel, Jest/Enzyme, etc.
- Extensive experience delivering high performing, clean code, that is modular and scalable.
- Experience in leading, mentoring, and coaching other engineers is considered a big plus.
- Experience in putting together a frontend strategy is considered a big plus.
- Experience working with various frameworks and paradigms is a big plus.
- Experience in creating architectural frontend diagrams is a big plus.
- Experience in reporting and presenting on your progress is a big plus.
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive criticism, particularly while participating in code reviews
- Familiar working in Agile teams and delivering software using Agile methodologies.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta*.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, we offer a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
Diversity & Inclusion at Gumtree & Motors.co.uk:
Here at Gumtree.com & Motors.co.uk we are on a mission to create a culture where all our teams are inspired to share their passion, talents and ideas with equal opportunities for growth and career development throughout both of our brands.
We know that a diverse and inclusive team drives creativity and makes both our brands stronger. That’s why we’re committed to discovering new talent and employing people who reflect the nature of the society around us, so that when you join Gumtree.com & Motors.co.uk, you can be you!
People and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.