Backend Lead Developer (m/f/d) at Xara GmbH () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-10 05:00:33
Xara is a remote first company with meetingpoint offices in Berlin and Hemel Hempstead, UK. You must be within +/- 3 hours of UK time, and there will be occasional visits for face to face meetings with the rest of the team, many of whom are also remote workers.
Please do not apply if you are outside these time zones.
Our German office is in a spacious modern building in Berlin, the tech start-up hub of Germany.The UK office is at Gaddesden Place, Hemel Hempstead, (25 miles north of London), a country mansion (see Gaddesden Place), with snooker table and swimming pool.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders tounderstand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team
- Planning and documenting technical specifications for features or system design
- Writing testable, scalable and efficient code and leading code reviews
- Directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications
- Mentoring junior team members and ensuring they adhere to determined software quality standards
Candidates must possess the followingexperience and attributes:
- An IT or Science Degree, or equivalent
- Team leadership
- A solid understanding of cloud deploymentstrategies and scalable architectures
- A desire to work on world-leading websoftware products
- Highly motivated, with a positiveattitude to work and the ability to learn quickly
- Good trouble-shooting skills with theperseverance to solve problems
- Able to work productively, bothautonomously and as part of a dynamic team
Desirable experience and attributes:
- Commercial experience with high-volumescalable architectures
- Good knowledge of the most common webservers / load balancers (Apache, Nginx, HAProxy)
- Experience with ELK
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes
- An interest in online security
We are looking forward to your application!