Senior Front End Developer - Sellers Domain at eBay (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-08 05:00:41
Every month Marktplaats handles over 8 million unique visitors and 350.000 new advertisements each day making Marktplaats the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us!
About the team:
We aim to continuously improve our teams and product with a data-driven approach to measure the impact we are making. We have teams focusing on different domains of our platform, every one of them with their own dynamics and challenges.
The Sellers domain is focused on all Sellers with a special focus on Small and Medium Businesses. You will be working closely with the business to achieve our commitments. Our Domain consist of a Product manager, an Engineering manager, Back End Developers, Front End Developers, a UX Designer, Architects, Android and iOS Developers, QA engineers as well as a Product analyst. We all work together closely to solve the biggest challenges on the product and on technology. We experiment often and fail fast. You will not only help us in development, but also in finding improvements - whether to our product or the way we work.
- Be a key team member in development and design of new projects
- Coaching of junior and medior developers (guide them through architecture and procedures, be a mentor helping with skills development)
- Think with your colleagues about architecture decisions and help work them out
- Help to continuously improve development work in all areas (coding, processes, tools, testing, etc.)
- Find and help fix stability, scalability, performance issues, cross-browser compatibility, Web standards, and interoperability
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business create efficient and effective requirements
What we are looking for:
You have extensive experience in software development in online or related areas, with at least 6+ years of full-time employment with knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems.
Furthermore, we need someone who lives and breathes Agile development, can focus on delivering, and wants to take a leading role in improving how we work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence a cross-functional team to deliver results
- Have a solid grasp and experience with MVC and OO design
- Competent using source control systems (Git)
- Self-motivated and have the ability to get things done
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to problems, while also thoroughly considering edge cases and avoiding pitfalls
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta*.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.