Senior Software Engineer at Tios Capital (Washington, DC)
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-09-04 05:00:37
As a Senior Software Engineer on Tios Capital’s Tech Team, you will collaborate with others on various teams (Tech, Quant, and Trading) and support day-to-day energy trading operations by designing, implementing, and enhancing multiple software systems.
You will be part of a software development team that executes the full cycle of agile software development. Your work will contribute to software systems that handle large amounts of data, support multiple markets, and provide trading insights. You will work with proprietary platforms, data formats, and APIs, leveraging various data stores and third-party tools. You will need to learn new technologies and domain concepts quickly. You will need to apply sound software engineering principles to help quickly deliver new tools and enhancements. As a senior software engineer, your solutions will tackle topics including quality, performance, availability, telemetry, and security.
As a member of the Tios Capital Team, it is important that you are able to work in a dynamic environment: you must be comfortable assuming large responsibilities in order to contribute to our small, growing company. Our Team is enthusiastic, flexible, driven, collaborative, and comfortable juggling responsibilities in multiple disciplines.
This position is based in our Alexandria, VA office.
- Build and maintain software systems and environments that support the needs of multiple traders in various energy markets.
- Author significant code contributions in: Python, Ruby, SQL, alternate data stores, asynchronous and event-based processes, distributed systems, mathematical analysis and modeling tools.
- Author scalable code and tests.
- Maintain a workload-driven AWS cloud environment.
- Work with Trading and Quant teams to identify software system requirements.
- Build out the full-stack of software to accomplish project needs.
- Regularly collaborate with and provide feedback to other software engineers.
- Deploy software in coordination with other teams.
Skills & Requirements
- 4+ years of real-world experience building complex software systems in collaborative software teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in object-oriented development, data stores including SQL, and algorithms
- Experience administering stable cloud-computing infrastructure
- Skill evaluating code and software systems
- Skill solving complex problems involving complex data
- Experience in server-side development with MVC, unit/acceptance testing, version control
- Familiarity with mathematics and statistics
Tios Capital will provide a competitive base salary, with eligibility for bonuses based on individual and company performance, three weeks of paid vacation, health and dental insurance, and a 401k plan.
If you have any questions, please direct them to [email protected] Apply online with the button below.
*Note: Applicants for employment must be authorized to work for any US employer or must hold a current work visa that is transferable to a new employer.