Senior Software Engineer at NowPow (Chicago, IL) (allows remote)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-31 05:00:30
Who are we?
NowPow, whose name is a play on knowledge is power, is a women-owned and led technology business based on Chicago's south side. NowPow's multi-sided platform is a personalized community referral management solution that enables care professionals - social workers, physicians, justice workers - to manage and close the loop on health and social service referrals and directly support patients, members, and clients in their own self care. NowPow helps people get the care they need, whether they are managing chronic health and social conditions or just staying well.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will own specific initiatives and be responsible for planning, designing, developing, and coordinating across teams to implement. In this role, you will work across the company in your engineering team vertical to build efficient and scalable systems.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, and self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to join the NowPow Engineering team. Our ideal candidate should have a desire for and experience with Web/UI technologies, and a passion for helping people get the care they need. One key responsibility is creating detailed technical designs using best practices and then implementing them with little help. The majority of development is going to be .NET development with C#.
Since we are a growing startup, you will participate in many areas of the development process, including security design, architecture, system scalability, team leadership, and infrastructure management. We are looking for candidates who want to stretch their skills across the full stack of engineering responsibilities and are excited to join a quickly growing team.
- Develop and design web-based technology and applications using the .NET Framework.
- Play a key role in the complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing and debugging, and documentation.
- Work with the Product Management team to build great software for our customers.
- Work on the full stack of the NowPow product suite, including front-end UI, back-end web service and data tools, reporting and analytics tools, and build and deployment automation.
- Work in a test-driven development environment
- Develop time-estimates for work assignments
- Collaborate with team to produce technical specifications and architecture documentation
- Accurately track and manage project task, activity, and documentation for your assigned work.
- Collaborate with your team to produce technical specifications and architecture documentation.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development, and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- Create plans and estimates during the release and sprint planning processes
- Evaluate, recommend and implement improvements to development processes
- Participate in code reviews and pull-request processes regularly
- BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent.
- 6+ years of enterprise software development experience and experience with Web UI Technologies
- Microsoft .NET experience (ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET) is required and experience with .NET MVC, .NET Core, .NET Web APIs and RESTful web applications is preferred
- Experience writing SQL queries is required and Microsoft SQL Server and ETL process (Azure Data Factory or SSIS) experience is a plus
- Experience with Visual Studio, Git, and developer toolchains (such as node, npm, Grunt, Gulp or Webpack) a plus
- Experience writing unit tests and working in a Test-Driven-Development environment
- Cloud platform experience (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud) is strongly preferred
We work at NowPow because we care! NowPowers are passionate about our mission and are excited about the opportunities and challenges we face. At NowPow, we cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where everyone is a valued team member.
Our people and our culture are important to us and make working at NowPow special. We invest in the self-care of our team and provide competitive benefits to support this. We celebrate our successes every week with a company-wide happy hour on Fridays and recognize those who went above and beyond in their work. Outside of work, we have fun through company events such as laser tag, ice skating and heading to the ballpark for beautiful weather and a baseball game - and look forward to being able to do so again!
We are looking for highly motivated and hard-working individuals to join our team and help us connect health care to self-care. Apply now to join our growing team!
Equal Employment Opportunity
NowPow is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NowPow evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit, and work-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities and general treatment during employment.