Solutions Architect - EMEA Region (Remote) at Platform.sh () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-30 12:57:43
Our customers need onboarding and training before they can master the Platform.sh fun. Can you deliver breathtaking and exhilarating tech demos, and explain the intricacies of command line tools? We run OEM PaaS services for famous brands like Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition and Symfony Cloud - can you help us build and run these vibrant software products?
Directly reporting to our Director of Customer Solutions and in close interaction with our Sales, Support, Engineering and Infrastructure teams, you will be responsible for handling the technical pre-sales activities.
We're looking for steady technologists who are good at providing valuable services directly to customers. Work among a great technical team, serious enough to have a good laugh anytime it’s possible.
Your role at Platform.sh is to help our Enterprise and Elite Accounts understand the value of our platform. Through your deep product and industry knowledge, expertise in how companies use and deploy Platform.sh as well as objection handling in customer interactions, you’ll be supporting our sales team throughout their process and ensure a transition to the onboarding team:
- Tailoring product to meet prospects requirements
- Working closely with sales teams to conduct product demos and answer technical questions
- Demonstrating customer business knowledge in the light of our product utilization
- Analyzing customers’ technical needs to suggest consulting services and meet their requirements
- Helping our sales team build the quotes for our new projects based on a technical qualification of the project with the client
- Managing proof of concept projects for our prospects and clients
- Supporting our large accounts in their daily use of our product
- Liaising with engineering teams when necessary for product improvement
- Getting up to speed regularly with our new product features
You will give our customers their very first impression of our product, guide the path to high satisfaction in their product experience.
This position is open for the EMEA market. While being able to speak German would be highly appreciated, we are open to any English speaker.
- Relevant education or experience in information technology, software engineering, computer science, or related fields.
- Experience in handling technical customer relations in the web industry
- Demonstrated the ability to match customer expectations with product capacity
- Extensive knowledge of web application architecture and services (DNS, CDN, web servers, databases, cache layers, etc.) and distributed systems.
- Extensive knowledge of web development workflows and existing tools (git, CI tools)
- Knowledge of common web applications and frameworks. For example:Magento Ecommerce, Symfony, Drupal, eZ Platform,Typo3 or Node.js Backends and Frontends(a lot of our customers run those)
- Basic understanding of cloud services (AWS, Azure)
- Dynamism with a cool head
- Communication skills with English proficiency
Nice to have:
- Mad Linux (Debian) skillz
- Public speaking experience
- Fluent in German
During the hiring process you will talk to our HR team, members of the solutions team and the director of customer solutions.
* This is a remote job
Work from anywhere with overlap to the European timezone.
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a candidate who can perform well working remotely. To be an effective performer here at Platform.sh, you’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while operating with a high level of independence and autonomy.
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University and The British Council.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.