Backend Engineer 80-100% (f/m/d) at Homegate (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-14 05:00:29
Backend Engineer 80-100% (f/m/d)
As Switzerland's leading digital hub, Homegate provides our media and platforms with enabling technology solutions, to drive their businesses. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation, and dynamic development.
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous.
Homegate is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Switzerland. We help people to make their best real estate decision and bring commercial real estate agencies, owners, and potential tenants and buyers together. We count more than 10 million visits from people who use our portal and have more than 190 million page views per month.
We are looking for you as a teammate. You’ll help Homegate to grow the business and our engineering-teams to shift our platform to the next level while driving innovations.
Homegate is in the middle of a reengineering journey, targeting an event-based architecture in the AWS Cloud.
As a Backend software engineer, you will help us build the greatest real estate platform in Switzerland. You will be part of a cross-functional, agile team with an open mindset and team members who enjoy learning new skills and sharing theirs.
- You will work on rebuilding the Homegate platform using a microservice architecture on AWS
- You will design, implement, test and deliver new features
- You challenge the status quo and continuously improve the architecture, code, and tools to ensure the delivery of high-quality software
- You own your solution and will be responsible for development to delivery to operations in a DevOps environment
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful backend services
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile methodologies and pronounced agile mindset
- Practice in clean code, pair programming, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with frontend frameworks like Vue.js or React is a plus
- Familiarity with AWS services like Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, S3, CloudWatch and ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with Java / Spring / Maven is a plus
- An academic degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Fluency in English
Our tech stack https://techradar.homegate.ch/
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Great equipment
- Flexible working hours and home office possibilities
- Personal development plan and yearly budget for educational courses, conferences, etc.
- International team and working environment of talented and fun people as well as regular international travels
- Excellent work-life balance
Berlin, Zurich, Valbonne