Senior Full Stack Software Engineer at The Goal Family of Companies (San Diego, CA)
Location: San Diego, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-10 05:00:06
Ascent Funding is an award-winning, rapidly growing private FinTech company that is on a mission to revolutionize the way people pay for college. We are looking for a full stack Senior Software Engineer to join our team in the heart of downtown San Diego, CA (well, virtually during COVID) to work on key application and platform development initiatives.
What you will be doing: The Ascent Senior Full Stack Software Engineer is a key contributor in the ongoing development, enhancement, and deployment of our loan origination systems working with a small, focused, and dedicated team of software and quality assurance engineers. You will be working on and leading the development of front-end and back-end elements of our best in-class cloud-based web applications and loan processing systems.
In This Role, You Will:
- Lead the design, development, and testing of server-side sub-systems and core elements of the loan origination system.
- Work with UI/UX designers to convert the elements of web design into modern web front-end applications.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Software and Data Engineers on all key projects.
- Contribute to the planning and development of any new company software systems.
- Help maintain our cloud-based architecture, focusing on reliability, security, and scalability.
- Participate and drive design and code reviews to ensure ongoing code quality.
- Stay on top of and implement cutting-edge tools and technology into the solutions.
We work in a highly collaborative and agile environment to deliver software.
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- Previous experience in the Financial Services industry.
- 10+ years as a LAMP stack developer with full life-cycle product development experience.
- A solid understanding of CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Advanced experience with Object Oriented coding, as well as modern coding principles.
- Extensive knowledge of web development, specifically with PHP/MySQL.
- Extensive knowledge coding with Laravel MVC framework.
- Firm understanding of event-driven and queue-centric design patterns.
- Proficiency utilizing GIT version control in a team environment.
- Experience in a small and agile software development environment.
- Knowledge and experience withÃ¢ÂÂ¦
- Libraries and frameworks: Laravel (3+), React, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Relational databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL) and NoSQL databases.
- Experience connecting with and utilizing 3rd party APIs (REST, SOAP, XML).
Qualities we look for in our candidates:
- Entrepreneurial drive to succeed and win, sense of urgency, and passion for the work.
- Proven ability to think creatively and drive innovation in the market and within our company.
- Willingness/ability to work late hours when faced with tight deadlines.
- A drive to succeed and win, sense of urgency, and passion for the work.
Competitive pay with bonus, and comprehensive benefits package that includes, but not limited to:
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Company Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Annual HSA contribution of $1,500
- Life insurance, disability, and critical illness
- Birthday Holiday
- Unlimited snacks and drinks (when we are in the office)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- $2,000 Vacation Incentive Plan after 3 years + $1,000 Sabbatical day
- Community, Wellness funds and more
Learn more about our benefits by viewing our 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.